One of the three main goals of our walk is to broaden general awareness of Ankylosing Spondylitis & the related family of diseases. And, as you all know, sometimes this feels like a Mission Impossible.
We’re going to turn that thinking on its head and make it Mission AWARENESS!
With your help we will be posting “Take Action” & “Mission Awareness” posts & images and concrete actions that you can take to help us with our collective goal. With this in mind we are looking for people who want to take a special part in helping us raise the roof! These 10 people will be our Walk Ambassadors!
A walk ambassador will be able to help us do the following:
1. Share & spread our posts & walk materials via social media.
2. Be available on our website & Facebook Page to answer questions that come up in our comments sections.
3. Use a Walk Ambassador twibbon to show who you are.
4. Work on media outreach making contact with journalists & bloggers who will help share our story.
5. Participate in our upcoming twitter chats & on launch and grand finale day at the finish line on World AS Day.
6. Champion & encourage participation and dialogue on all of our social media locations & here on our webpage.
7. You can already be on a team, a team captain, or simply someone who wishes to help make this years walk truly impactful.
We will provide you with materials & guidelines and have google plus hangouts to talk about our progress and share our progress. This is a very small grassroots effort at this stage but if you are interested in being one of this special team, please send an email to [email protected] with subject line: Walk Ambassador. This could be great for resume building & a volunteer effort that will make a real difference in the lives of millions of people with these diseases! If you think you could help us & be a Walk Ambassador we’d love to have you join the team!